Wednesday 2 April 2008

Savour it, savour it

EVERYTHING VANISHES.
Except my love for Every Time I Die. After a pointless seminar in the morning and several hours of doing nothing, I headed off to Colchester. I missed Blackholes, which is no great loss as I've seen them before and will see them again. Scary Kids Scaring Kids would have benefitted from better levels in their sound, but at least they played The City Sleeps In Flames. Not bad at all. Drop Dead, Gorgeous however were apalling. Quite possibly the worst band I have ever seen live. The thought of seeing them again makes me quite sad if I'm honest.
But it didn't matter in the end. Because ETID were phenomenal. Having to leave early put a slight dampener on the evening, but as soon as I said I'd leave after the next song they kicked into I Been Gone A Long Time, so at least I went out on a high.
Setlist before I left:
We'rewolf
Romeo A Go-Go
Apocalypse Now And Then
Cities And Years
Kill The Music
OFF BROADWAY!!
No Son Of Mine
Pigs Is Pigs
Floater
Bored Stiff
I Been Gone A Long Time

The Hot Damn! songs got a better reaction than I expected, although I'd never anticipated a bigger shoutback in Off Broadway than Floater. Unusual. Of course, Bored Stiff got the best reaction of all the songs I saw, what with the average age of the crowd being about 14 and therefore the word "cunt" being the greatest thing they could ever imagine. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole set tonight.

I slept through my lecture this morning, something which I've done entirely too often this year. I'll make up for it, if I missed anything worth knowing. I'm going to get ready, get on the train and head off to Nottingham to see Bradders and get my drink on before we party all night. Tonight will easily top last night, if only because I have the company of someone I adore.




I sort of miss him. How pathetic.

No comments: