Monday 14 April 2008

Help Me

The last week has been spent everywhere but in my own house. Seeing Darren so often has been brilliant. Not because there's something going on, but for precisely the opposite reason. Just having a friend to feel so comfortable around, someone who makes me laugh, is something I've needed since I moved to London. It's something I'll need even more when I go home, and will struggle to find.

My supposed best friend came to stay on Saturday, and that's all she did. I spent a grand total of around 2 hours with her, the rest of her time being given over to her favourite band. Whilst I understand the devotion she has, I was hurt that she didn't make more of an effort to see how I was or catch up. And it only made me the more aware of the fact that she's never come to see me without Muse being involved, and that recently she hasn't even had time for talking. Moving away is certainly an eye-opener.

After something of a revelation whilst on tour, my life is certainly back on track. Realising my priorities was something I'd needed to do for months, and now I've worked out who I am and what I want I feel much happier than I have in a long time. I suppose the busy lifestyle I've forced on myself could help, I hardly have a moment to think of anything outside of work and university right now, although I'm making time for friends who need me more than I need myself.

26 days until the Obsession. 25 days too long.

No comments: