Friday 4 April 2008

In Vein

Quite a lot has happened I suppose. Once again, chronology is my best bet.

Wednesday. I got the train to Nottingham, where Bradders met me at the station. I left my stuff in his room and we headed off to the pub for a quick drink before hitting the Rescue Rooms. Blackhole were good, although I still don't find them to be anything special. Scary Kids were much the same as in Colchester, they really haven't had the best of luck with sound this week. Drop Dead, Gorgeous were actually quite enjoyable with the right sound levels. Whilst I still don't like their music particularly, I will admit that they're quite fun to watch. If only because the keyboard player is stunning. I wormed my way onto the barrier for the first few songs and enjoyed singing some classics that will always make me smile. I danced with Bradders and was stunned by the songs which I had missed the night before:
Rendez-Voodoo
INRIhab
The New Black
Ebolarama

I've never viewed Ebolarama as a closer myself, but it works well. I'll never think it's better than Floater as far as last songs go, but it's a good 'un none the less. We went back to Brad's house to listen to Azriel, talk about music and fall asleep. I did something some people may believe I should regret, but I don't. I've wanted to for a long time and I see no shame in me taking an opportunity.

Thursday I woke up and showered, and headed off to the train station yet again. Adam bailed on me, so rather than indulging in coffee or a gayer drink I went to the Academy to lurk. I met Andy, which made my day. The background on my phone has never made me smile quite so much as it does right now at the sight of his huge beard and cheesy grin. I sat outside for a good while and was rewarded with a spot at the very front of the stage. In front of Jordan, yet again. Finding out that it was in fact in Academy 3 after I'd heard it was upgraded was the best news I could have hoped for, and the show was so brilliant that I actually began to doubt that the London Astoria Trio show of '05 is the greatest live show of all time. This is something akin to me realising the world is coming to an end. A Gentleman's Sport instead of INRIhab, and off home on an overnight coach I went.

Today I had my final lecture as a second year. An intimidating prospect for sure. I'm not entirely certain where the last year and a half of my life has gone, but it's lost and I'm a little worried at how quickly my time at university is drawing to a close. Well, in a way. I don't ever plan to leave university really, so I suppose I should say my time as an undergraduate. I went to the pub with Lorraine and from there went to meet Rory by the river. We drank and talked and listened to the newly released pre-mix In Vein, provided for the Blood Pact last night. It's promising. I adore it, which means the album should be brilliant. In theory. I'll find out come July 1st.

Oxford tomorrow, then no more ETID for a while. How sad.

No comments: