Tuesday 10 June 2008

They found me face down in the street

I've spent the last two days reading, basking in the sun and listening to my favourite band. My new phone arrived, and I played darts. That's all. Whilst I would normally be twitching to do something by now, my sleep pattern has left me appreciating my lazy days considerably more than usual.

Tomorrow I'm spending the entire day with Jennie, doing girly things and joining the gym. I've gone far too long without any kind of exercise, and I need something to fill up some time and get me out of the house. We'll see how it goes.

Films. I'm putting off the PT Film Club review for a little longer, as we're still waiting for a fair few people to watch the film and make discussion worthwhile. Today I watched The Aristocats, a classic Disney film (despite there being so much of Robin Hood in it!). Really there's not much more you can say, childhood films are wonderful, particularly Disney classics. I've just finished Children of Men. I can't quite decide exactly how I feel about it. The uprising scene is fantastic in every way, and almost makes up for the rest of the film failing to really grip me as it probably should have done. I think the problem is that, as far as visions of the future of mankind go, I've become rather too well acquainted with V For Vendetta, and find this to be considerably lacking in many of the things which made that film so great. Clive Owen is quite good, although on reflection he hardly speaks. Perhaps that's why. On a scale of 1-10 I'd say a generic 6 - nothing special, but not particularly apalling either.

1 comment:

'McGuinness said...

Children of Men is SOOOO much better than V for Vendetta, regardless of how hot Natalie Portman is. V was outrageous where Children almost made sense.

Mike xxx