Tuesday 27 May 2008

There's a cure on ice

My father's wedding was beautiful. Brief, but beautiful. My brother and I got teary in a room of dry eyes, many people commented on how "different" I looked (I presume purely because I was wearing a dress. It's hardly a novelty in me these days), and we ate good food. Whilst we left the reception early, feeling a little outnumbered and somewhat out of place amongst the step-family and old school friends, I made sure Dad knew how happy I was to see him so happy. I've honestly never seen him smile that, and it made me smile the same way.

Saturday was spent amongst old friends, laughing and talking and righting past wrongs. In a way. It was something I've missed. They're something I've missed. I need to keep those boys around more.

Sunday I returned to London, and to Darren's. We began our Indy marathon, finished on Monday morning, and I acted somehwat out of character. I'm having a crisis of conscience and personality, and some of the most important people in my life at this moment have been on the receiving end of my snipes and moods. I've apologised, and no doubt will do so again many times. After a trip to Genesis (to be dealt with momentarily), I headed off for a very brief catch-up with Rory before deciding that I wasn't in the right frame of mind for the Big Smoke. I came home overnight and had the laziest day I've had (without a hangover) in a very long time. I feel better already.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. So close to being perfect. So very very close. Having watched the original trilogy before heading to the cinema, I was in the right frame of mind for a slightly ridiculous film, a b movie made on an a list budget, and to that end I wasn't disappointed. Having heard bad things from many people, I wasn't expecting to enjoy the majority of the film as much as I did. The graveyard, the motorbike chase and the jungle scene were all vintage Indy, and as such put a smile on my face whilst I laughed at their stupidity.
And then the spaceship appeared.
As I said, so close.

Today has been productive in one sense - I ordered a bargainous Arrested Development series one (£7.99?! Insanity I tell you) alongside 2 more Disney/Pixar offerings to get me in the mood for Wall.E. Although I don't need to be put in the mood, that little robot has me very excited already. No innuendo meant there. Punktastic.com now has a film club started, where a different member chooses a film every week, we have 5 days to watch and 2 days to discuss. Potentially, it should be amazing. It also gave me an excuse to register at Lovefilm.com, which will give me a fresh store of films to watch, and in turn lead to me deciding exactly what's worth buying without wasting my money. No more repeats of Miss Potter, thankyou very much. First up is Sharkwater, which I doubt I would ever have thought of watching if left to my own devices. I'll be using this blog to post my reviews prior to adding them to the debate on PT, so I'll have something of interest to say each week at least.

Having left my book in Ormskirk on Saturday, I keep meaning to start Don Quixote. So far, I haven't done it. Although today I did watch the last 4 episodes of House series 4. Which was wonderful. Tomorrow I will shop with Jennie, before heading off to see Gaz in Leeds. In theory. If he stands me up, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

No comments: