Saturday 23 February 2008

I am the patron saint of lost causes

So there is a catch. Not a great one, but a catch nonetheless. His behaviour will change, his interest will seem to wane. But it will still be there, and he thinks we're strong enough to last. I hope he's right, although my mind is telling me to run now whilst there is still hope.
I saw Be Kind, Rewind last night. As expected, it was nothing spectacular. The "sweded" films were brilliant, purely for the fact that they looked as though any member of the audience could have made them on a minimal budget (which is of course the idea), but other than that it was a film which I felt tried too hard to provoke emotion in the audience.
As I write this 300 is coming to an end. Much like Sin City, the violence seems somehow real whilst the entire premise is ludicrous and fantastic. Frank Miller adaptations are wonderful, I've decided. Very enjoyable.

Once again I've spent the day avoiding the essays. I'm halfway through the first, leaving myself another thousand words to write tomorrow which I will no doubt avoid in any way I can. I plan to visit the Museum In Docklands again at some point over the next week to gather more information for my Representing London essay, which I will then have to spend all of next weekend writing. As well as my Cub article, which I hope will not take long at all. Hopefully tomorrow I will achieve much more of what I should. Tonight, I'm seeing him.

No comments: