Tuesday 30 December 2008

New year, new challenge

I'm attempting the 101 in 1001. If you don't know, you have 1001 days to complete 101 tasks which you set yourself. Starting on the 1st of January, I have until 29th of September 2011.

Here's my list:

Give blood
Go one month without biting my nails (/30)
Visit Italy
Save £1500 (£100/1500)
Donate money to charity
Be able to say I have read all 200 books from the BBC's Big Read (82/200)
Write a list of 101 things that make me happy (/101)
Take up a new hobby
Learn a new language
Go a day without swearing
Adopt a penguin
Get at least a high 2:1 in my degree
Give up chocolate, sweets and fizzy drinks for 2 weeks (/14)
Learn to cook ten different meals (/10)
Take pictures related to at least 40 of these tasks (/40)
Subscribe to Empire magazine
Go to the gym three times a week for a month (/12)
Stick to my weekly budget for three consecutive months (/12)
Get my provisional driving licence
Have at least one driving lesson
Clear my credit card
Watch 100 films I have never seen before (/100)
Stay in a relationship for over a year (4.5/12)
Take my Alkaline Trio live total to 30 times (15/30)
Empty my wardrobe and take all unwanted clothes to charity shops
Watch the sun set
Get a new tattoo to do with literature
See Symphonie Fantastique live
Go to the theatre 4 times in a calendar year (/4)
Update my blog once a week for a calendar year (/52)
Go to the opera
Get a First Aid certification
Go one week without the internet
Read 5 books published in 2000 (/5)
Write in my personal diary every day for three months (/60)
Style my hair properly every day for a month (/30)
Use my skincare products twice a day for a month (/30)
Eat only food from my house (no buying chocolate or takeaways!) every day for 2 weeks (/14)
Watch all 100 of the AFI’s 100 years, 100 movies (19/100)
See a Shakespeare play at the theatre
Read 5 Shakespeare plays I have never read before (/5)
Write ten new poems (/10)
Complete an internship at a magazine
Run for charity
bake a cake
Get a manicure
Identify 25 things I like about myself
Transfer 10% of every paycheck into my savings
Get a place on a Masters course
Decide on my PhD subject
Participate in the Jack The Ripper walk
Write a list of 20 sights around the world which I want to see (/20)
Visit at least 5 of them (/5)
Write 10 letters to my boyfriend (/10)
Host a themed movie night
Travel first class
Buy a copy of “The Very Hungry Caterpillar”
Own a copy of every Dickens novel
Go two weeks without wearing a single band t shirt (/14)
Make my bed every day for three months (/60)
Get up at 7.30 every day for two weeks (/14)
Complete a crossword
Go one week without complaining (/7)
Make a list of my twenty favourite albums of all time (/20)
Eat vegetarian for one week
Go to the dentist
Try ten new foods (/10)
Put £2 in my savings for every challenge completed
Donate £2 to charity for every challenge not completed
Have 30 Disney films in my DVD collection by the end of the 1001 days (10/30?)
Have a board game party
Attend the graduation ball at QMUL
Feed the ducks
Own every Tim Burton film currently available on DVD
Upload 5 photos to Deviant Art every month for 6 consecutive months (/30)
Visit 5 museums
See a film in IMAX
Finally meet Ben!
Listen to every song on my IPOD
Call both of my parents once a week for two months
Buy a new laptop
Make a list of all books and DVDs that I own
register to vote
Wear my stilettos in public 5 times (/5)
Watch a live burlesque show
Ask Tom to think of 5 challenges for me
^
^
^
^
^
Ask my parents to think of 5 challenges for me
^
^
^
^
^
Pay my Nan the money I owe her from my house deposit
See Ross Noble with Emily
Buy a new necklace
Wear make-up every day for a week

1 comment:

'McGuinness said...

I can help you with the moooooooooovie ones - it can act towards the resolution you made.

Also, thanks to my mother buying an Alfred Hitchcock collection we now own about a quarter of the list, and I'm pretty sure most of the rest can be taken from the library (on the promise you'll give them back, at least).

Mike xxx