Monday 29 December 2008

I got so scared that I forgot my name

or so busy that I forgot about my blog. I think Skiba was more poetic about it than me though. This post won't make much sense. I apologise.

So. The end of 2008 is upon us. As I welcomed the year in a bar in Manchester, I promised myself that it would be the best year I've ever had. And honestly, I think I pretty much managed it.
University has gone well. Whilst I haven't really felt like I've worked much so far this year, I've kept on top of everything, and I've even started writing my dissertation. I've paid for this with a lack of social life (I've been working at the SU a LOT), but that is a resolution for 2009 taken care of.
Things with Tom are still wonderful. 4 and a half months have flown by, and spending Christmas with his family last week felt so natural. It's a good feeling.
My family seems to be self-destructing a little. I can't really say much in blog format, especially since I currently have literally no idea at all of what's happening. Needless to say, it's not helped with my sleep trouble.
Cub has been brilliant, editing a section is exhausting but as I now have my replacement ready to be trained the weight is definitely lifted. Shared, rather than removed. But lessened nonetheless.

I've also restarted my LOVEfilm account and will be buying a new Genesis pass, so film reviews are inevitably going to return to this page.

My 2009 resolutions:
1. Make more of an effort with my friends - friendship works two ways and I apologise profusely to everyone for being such an ass recently.
2. Write more reviews.
3. Put 110% into every remaining piece of university work - I need to get a fantastic grade or I'll hate myself forever.

I'm sure there's more, but those are clearly the important ones since they come to mind most readily.

I'm going to continue reading Romola whilst listening to Stephen Fry's very soothing voice.

No comments: